Contenders Discipleship Initiative
Contenders Discipleship Initiative (CDI) is a training outreach of Village Missions, a Christian organization that trains and equips missionaries in becoming pastors for small, rural churches. As part of this effort, CDI wished to create an online learning management system (LMS) whereby missionaries can take online classes with Biblical instruction. This was not to be an easy task. The website requires members to create and access user accounts, navigate training courses and watch lesson videos, and submit course evaluations.
The CDI website requires a lot of moving parts, with administrators, instructors, students, and others having a role and specific needs from the site. We used WordPress leveraging an LMS-specific theme to provide a solution that is today, supporting hundreds of online missionary students.
Benefits We Provided:
- A flexible design so that users can easily view the website on their computers, tablets or phones.
- An account creation process by which CDI can track student progress and needs. Students can access and update their profile in real time.
- To date, six theological training courses, each providing several dozen video lessons. Each video can be downloaded for offline viewing on mobile devices.
- Course evaluation forms to gain feedback on student experiences.
- Student evaluation forms through which instructors can evaluate student performance.
- Google Analytic tools in order to measure site traffic, visitor demographics, and other statistics.